How to display system time or date in Excel?
This article is talking about displaying system time or date in Excel. Please try the following methods.
You can display system time or date by shortcuts. Please do as follows.
Insert system time
Select a cell and press Ctrl + Shift + ; (semicolon).
Insert system date
Select a cell and press Ctrl + ; (semicolon).
Easily display system date and time in cell/header/footer in Excel:
With the Insert Workbook Information utility of Kutools for Excel, you can not only insert system date and time into a certain cell, but also insert the system date and time into worksheet's header or footer as you need.
Download and try it now! ( 30-day free trail)
If you want to display dynamic system time or date in Excel, the =NOW() and =TODAY() formula can help you.
Insert dynamic system date and time
Select a cell, enter formula =NOW() to get the dynamic system date and time. See screenshot:
Insert dynamic system time
Select a cell, enter formula =TODAY() to get the dynamic system date. See screenshot:
Note: The date or time in cells will be changed automatically with the system time and date.
If you want to display system time and date in a certain cell, header or footer of a worksheet, the Insert Workbook Information utility of Kutools for Excel will do you a good favor. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Insert Workbook Information. See screenshot:
2. In the Insert Workbook Information dialog box, select the Current date and time option in the Information section, choose Range, Header or Footer as you need in the Insert at section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the system date and time is inserted in specified cell, header or footer immediately.
- How to convert date/time format cell to date only in Excel?
- How to convert date time from one time zone to another in Excel?
- How to add or sum times over 24 hours in Excel?
- How to compare dates if greater than another date in Excel?
- How to calculate age on a specific or future date in Excel?