How to create a Pivot Table from Text file in Excel?
Normally, Pivot Table is created based on the data in an existing worksheet. However, do you know how to create a Pivot Table from a Text file in Excel? This article will show you a method of creating a Pivot Table from a Text file in Excel.
You can import the text file data into the worksheet firstly, and then create Pivot Table with the imported data. Please do as follows.
1. Click Data > From Text. See screenshot:
2. Then a Microsoft Excel Security Notice dialog box pops up, please click the OK button.
3. In the Import Text File window, select the TXT file you will create Pivot Table based on, and then click the Import button.
4. In the first Text Import Wizard, select the Delimited option and click the Next button.
5. In the second wizard, select the delimiter your TXT file data contains, and then click the Next button.
6. In the last wizard, click the Finish button.
7. In the Import Data dialog box, select where to place the imported data and then click the OK button.
8. Now all data in selected text file is imported to worksheet, please select the data and click Insert > PivotTable.
9. In the Create PivotTable dialog box, choose where to place the Pivot Table and click the OK button.
10. Then the PivotTable Fields pane displays on the right side of worksheet, after choosing the fields to add to report, you can see the Pivot Table is created as below screenshot shown.
Quickly save a range as a Text file in Excel:
With the Export Range to File utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly save a range as a TXT file or another file format as you need in Excel. See screenshot.
Download and try it now! ( 30-day free trail)
- How to combine multiple sheets into a pivot table in Excel?
- How to filter Pivot table based on a specific cell value in Excel?
- How to link Pivot Table filter to a certain cell in Excel?