Click hyperlink in Excel to go to specific page in Word document
It is easy to create a hyperlink to a certain word document in Excel. However, do you know how to create a hyperlink in Excel to go to a specific word document page? The method in this article can do you a favor.
Please do as follows to create a hyperlink in Excel to go to a specific page in Word.
1. Open the Word document you want to open at a specific page by clicking a hyperlink in Excel.
2. Go to the specific page and put the cursor at the beginning of the page.
3. Click Insert > Bookmark. See screenshot:/p>
4. In the Bookmark dialog, type in the bookmark name, check the Hidden bookmarks box, and then click the Add button.
Tip: If the bookmark name is composed of multiple texts, please use the _ symbol to separate them.
5. Open the workbook, and go to the worksheet you want to create hyperlink in it.
6. Select and right click a blank cell, select Link from the context menu.
7. The Insert Hyperlink window pops up:
- In the Text to display box, enter the hyperlink text you want to display in selected cell.
- Find and select the word document (Select the folder contains the word document in the Look in drop-down list, and then click to select the document in the Current Folder section).
- The name of the selected document is displayed in the Address box, type a # symbol at the end of the document name, and then enter the bookmark name you have created in above step 4. In this case, I enter #Go_to_page_3.
- Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the hyperlink has been created.
Click the link will open a specific Word document at a certain page.
Easily create worksheet index with hyperlinks in an Excel workbook:
If you are using Excel and want to create an index with hyperlinks, the Create List of Sheet Name utility of Kutools for Excel can help you solve the problem easily. After creating the index, you can navigate to a certain worksheet easily by clicking on the corresponding hyperlink in the index. See the below demo:
Download and try it now! (30-day free trail)
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!