Click hyperlink in Excel to go to specific page in Word document
It is easy to create a hyperlink to a certain word document in Excel. However, do you know how to create a hyperlink in Excel to go to a specific word document page? The method in this article can do you a favor.
Easily create worksheet index with hyperlinks:
The Create List of Sheet Name utility of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly create a worksheet index with hyperlinks in a workbook. You can navigate to a certain worksheet easily by clicking on the corresponding hyperlink in the index. See the below demo:
Download the full feature 60-day free trail of Kutools for Excel now!
Please do as follows to create a hyperlink in Excel to go to a specific page in Word.
1. Open the Word document you want to open at a specific page by clicking a hyperlink in Excel.
2. Go to the specific page and put the cursor at the beginning of the page.
3. Click Insert > Bookmark. See screenshot:/p>
4. In the Bookmark dialog, type in the bookmark name, check the Hidden bookmarks box, and then click the Add button.
Tip: If the bookmark name is composed of multiple texts, please use the _ symbol to separate them.
5. Open the workbook, and go to the worksheet you want to create hyperlink in it.
6. Select and right click a blank cell, select Link from the context menu.
7. The Insert Hyperlink window pops up:
- In the Text to display box, enter the hyperlink text you want to display in selected cell.
- Find and select the word document (Select the folder contains the word document in the Look in drop-down list, and then click to select the document in the Current Folder section).
- The name of the selected document is displayed in the Address box, type a # symbol at the end of the document name, and then enter the bookmark name you have created in above step 4. In this case, I enter #Go_to_page_3.
- Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the hyperlink has been created.
Click the link will open a specific Word document at a certain page.