2) AROUND 75000 RAW DATA and date having hyperlink. which i want to disabled but file gets hang.
kindly help !!!
Different country has different date format. Maybe you are a staff of a multinational corporation in America, and you may receive some spreadsheets from China or other countries, you find there are some date formats that you are not accustomed to using it. What should you do? Today, I will introduce you some ways to solve it by changing other date formats to American date formats in Excel.
With this Format Cells function, you can quickly change other date formats to America date format.
1. Select the range you want to change date format, then right-click and choose Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box:
3. Click OK. It will apply the date format to the range. See screenshots:
You can use a formula to convert the date format according to following steps:
1. In a blank cell, input the formula =TEXT(A1, "mm/dd/yyyy"), in this case in cell B1, see screenshot:
2. Then press Enter key, and select cell B1, drag the fill handle across to the range that you want to use, and you will get a new column date formats. See screenshot:
As they are formulas, you need to copy and paste them as values.
With the Apply Date Formatting utility, you can quickly apply many different date formats.
1. Select the range you want to change date formats in your worksheet, then click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting, see screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog box, choose the proper date format you need. and then click the OK or Apply button. See screenshot:
Now all selected dates are changed to the date format you specified.
For some special date format such as 01.12.2015, Thursday, September 11, 2014 or others you need to convert to mm/dd/yyyy format, you can try the Convert to Date utility of Kutools for Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range with dates you need to convert to dd/mm/yyyy date format, then click Kutools > Content > Convert to Date. See screenshot:
2. Then the selected dates are converted to mm/dd/yyyy date format immediately, in the meanwhile a Convert to Date dialog box pops up and lists all conversion status of the selected dates. Finally close the dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: For the cells you don't need to convert, please select these cells in the dialog box with holding the Ctrl key, and then click the Recover button.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 120 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful: