How to hide page breaks in active sheet or all sheets in Excel?
When you use page breaks to adjust the print area of a worksheet, it will shows the page breaks as black dotted lines in your worksheet when you return to the Normal view. That may be annoying. This article focus on how to hide the page breaks from your worksheet quickly after you return to the Normal view.
Hide all page breaks in active worksheet in Excel
The Page Breaks will be hidden automatically from workbooks when we reopen them. However, what about no reopening? You can also hide all page breaks from the active worksheet with unchecking the Show Page Breaks option in Microsoft Excel Options dialog box.
1. Click File (or Office Button) > Options.
2. In the opening Excel Options dialog box, please click the Advanced category at left side, and then uncheck the Show page breaks option in the Display options for this worksheet section. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button.
And now you get back and all page breaks disappear at once.
Easily insert page break after every x rows in Excel
Easy to insert one page break, but it must be time-consuming to insert page breaks after every x rows, says every 2 rows. Actually, Kutools for Excel's Insert Page Break Every Row utility will enable you to archive it with only several clicks.
Full Feature Free Trial
Hide page breaks with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel provides View Options tool, which will help us show or hide Microsoft Excel settings. If you have this add-in, you can hide Page Breaks easily.
1. Click Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options. See screenshot:
2. In the opening View Options dialog box, please uncheck the Page breaks option in the Window options section, and click the Apply to all sheets button and Ok button successively. See screenshot:
Note: For hiding page breaks only in the active worksheet, please don't click the Apply to all sheets button.
The View Option makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page Breaks, Display Zeros, Vertical Scrollbar, Horizontal Scrollbar, Sheet Tab, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these setting when you need to show or hide them. For more detail information about View Options...
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial
30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
Demo: hide page breaks in active sheet or all sheets in Excel
Kutools for Excel
includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in
30 days. Download and Free Trial Now
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!