How to hide page breaks in active sheet or all sheets in Excel?
When you use page breaks to adjust the print area of a worksheet, it will shows the page breaks as black dotted lines in your worksheet when you return to the Normal view. That may be annoying. This article focus on how to hide the page breaks from your worksheet quickly after you return to the Normal view.
- Hide all page breaks in active worksheet in Excel
- Hide all page breaks in active worksheet or all worksheets with Kutools for Excel
The Page Breaks will be hidden automatically from workbooks when we reopen them. However, what about no reopening? You can also hide all page breaks from the active worksheet with unchecking the Show Page Breaks option in Microsoft Excel Options dialog box.
1. Click File (or Office Button) > Options.
2. In the opening Excel Options dialog box, please click the Advanced category at left side, and then uncheck the Show page breaks option in the Display options for this worksheet section. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button.
And now you get back and all page breaks disappear at once.
Kutools for Excel provides View Options tool, which will help us show or hide Microsoft Excel settings. If you have this add-in, you can hide Page Breaks easily.
1. Click Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options. See screenshot:
2. In the opening View Options dialog box, please uncheck the Page breaks option in the Window options section, and click the Apply to all sheets button and Ok button successively. See screenshot:
Note: For hiding page breaks only in the active worksheet, please don't click the Apply to all sheets button.
The View Option makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page Breaks, Display Zeros, Vertical Scrollbar, Horizontal Scrollbar, Sheet Tab, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these setting when you need to show or hide them. For more detail information about View Options...
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!