How to remove non-printable characters from cells in Excel?
If you work with files that come from a non-Excel source, or you paste information from another application into worksheet cells, you can sometimes end up with some non-printable or non-printing characters in your worksheet. In order to make your worksheet clean and beautiful, you need to remove the non-printable characters. But how can you remove those non-printable characters quickly?
The CLEAN function can remove all of the non-printable characters from the cells. For example, I have Column C (C2:C11) need to remove the non-printable characters. You can do as the following tutorial:
1. Select a blank cell D2 adjacent to C2, and input:”=CLEAN(C2)”.
2. Tap the Enter key.
3. And then drag the fill handle over the range of cells that you want to remove non-printing characters. And all of the non-printable characters have been removed. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel’s Delete Characters, you can quickly and easily removing non-printable characters from cells.
Step 1. Select the range you want work with.
Step 2. Click Kutools > Text Tools in Editing group > Delete Characters. See screenshot:
Step 3. Check Non-printing in the pop-up dialog, see screenshot:
Step 4. Click Ok or Apply to delete non-printing characters in the range.
This utility also can delete numeric characters, non-numeric characters, non-printing characters and so on.For more detailed information about Delete Characters, please visit Delete Characters feature description.
- Remove alpha characters from cells
- Remove non numeric characters from cells
- Remove numeric characters from cells
- Remove non-alpha characters from cells
- Quickly remove line breaks
- Remove non-alphanumeric characters
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!