How to remove non-printable characters from cells in Excel?
If you work with files that come from a non-Excel source, or you paste information from another application into worksheet cells, you can sometimes end up with some non-printable or non-printing characters in your worksheet. In order to make your worksheet clean and beautiful, you need to remove the non-printable characters. But how can you remove those non-printable characters quickly?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The CLEAN function can remove all of the non-printable characters from the cells. For example, I have Column C (C2:C11) need to remove the non-printable characters. You can do as the following tutorial:
1. Select a blank cell D2 adjacent to C2, and input:”=CLEAN(C2)”.
2. Tap the Enter key.
3. And then drag the fill handle over the range of cells that you want to remove non-printing characters. And all of the non-printable characters have been removed. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Excel’s Delete Characters, you can quickly and easily removing non-printable characters from cells.
Step 1. Select the range you want work with.
Step 2. Click Kutools > Text Tools in Editing group > Delete Characters. See screenshot:
Step 3. Check Non-printing in the pop-up dialog, see screenshot:
Step 4. Click Ok or Apply to delete non-printing characters in the range.
This utility also can delete numeric characters, non-numeric characters, non-printing characters and so on.For more detailed information about Delete Characters, please visit Delete Characters feature description.
- Remove alpha characters from cells
- Remove non numeric characters from cells
- Remove numeric characters from cells
- Remove non-alpha characters from cells
- Quickly remove line breaks
- Remove non-alphanumeric characters