How to automatically open next message after deleting in Outlook?
Some users are used to viewing email message with opening it in Message window. When users delete current email message with clicking Delete button in the Message window, it will go back to the current folder. However, some users want to open the next message after deleting current one, just as that in Reading Pane. In this article, we will show you how to automatically open the next message after delete the current one in Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To automatically open the next message after deleting the current open one in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please configure the options settings as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click the Mail in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Other section, click the box behind After moving or deleting an open item:, and select the Open the next item from the drop down list. See screen shot:
Step 4: Click the OK button to exit the Outlook Options dialog box.
From now on, when you click the Delete button in the Message button, it will open the next email message automatically. See screen shot:
The following steps will guide you to configure the Outlook options, and enable you opening the next message automatically after deleting the current one in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button on the Preferences tab.
Step 3: In the E-mail Options dialog box, please click the box behind After moving or deleting an open item, and select the open the next item from the drop down list. See screen shot:
Step 4: Click both OK buttons in two dialog boxes.
Henceforth, the next message will open automatically after you are deleting current opening email in the Message window.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.