How to automatically open next message after deleting in Outlook?
Some users are used to viewing email message with opening it in Message window. When users delete current email message with clicking Delete button in the Message window, it will go back to the current folder. However, some users want to open the next message after deleting current one, just as that in Reading Pane. In this article, we will show you how to automatically open the next message after delete the current one in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To automatically open the next message after deleting the current open one in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please configure the options settings as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click the Mail in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Other section, click the box behind After moving or deleting an open item:, and select the Open the next item from the drop down list. See screen shot:
Step 4: Click the OK button to exit the Outlook Options dialog box.
From now on, when you click the Delete button in the Message button, it will open the next email message automatically. See screen shot:
The following steps will guide you to configure the Outlook options, and enable you opening the next message automatically after deleting the current one in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button on the Preferences tab.
Step 3: In the E-mail Options dialog box, please click the box behind After moving or deleting an open item, and select the open the next item from the drop down list. See screen shot:
Step 4: Click both OK buttons in two dialog boxes.
Henceforth, the next message will open automatically after you are deleting current opening email in the Message window.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.