How to auto close original message after replying or forwarding in Outlook?
When you open an received email message and choose to reply or forward it within this opening window, you need to manually close this original message window after replying or forwarding, because Outlook leaves it open by default. If you have opened multiple emails, it is time-consuming to close them one by one after replying or forwarding. This article aims to show you how to auto close the original message window after replying or forwarding in Outlook in order to save your time.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For automatically close the original message after replying or forwarding in Outlook, please do as follows.
1. Please go to the File tab, and then click Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar. Go to the Replies and forwards section, check the Close original message window when replying or forwarding box, and finally click OK button.
From now on, when you reply or forward email in the opened message window, the original message will be close automatically after clicking the Send button.
In Outlook 2007, the original message will be closed automatically with the following configuration.
1. Please click Tools > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Options dialog box, please click the E-mail Options button under References tab.
3. Then check the Close original message on reply or forward box in the E-mail Options dialog box. And click the OK button.
4. When it returns to the Options dialog box, please click OK button to finish the whole settings.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.