How to recover or restore hard deleted emails in Outlook?
Sometimes, you may have some “hard deleted” email messages which caused by pressing Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard but finally realize that these messages are useful for you. When you get into the Deleted Items folder, you cannot see the email you have hard deleted any more. Is there any method for recovering deleted emails in Outlook? Actually, with a Microsoft Exchange server account, you can easily recover hard deleted emails in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For recovering hard deleted emails in Outlook, please do as follows.
1. Get into the Deleted Items folder under the Exchange account.
2. Then please click Folder > Recover Deleted Items. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click Tools > Recover Deleted Items.
Note: If your Recover Deleted Items function is not available under Folder tab, probably you are not using an Exchange account or you are not locating in the correct Deleted Items folder of an Exchange account.
3. In the Recover Deleted Items dialog box, you can see all emails you have hard deleted are listed out.
4. If you just want to recover a deleted email, please find and select that email and then click the Recover Selected Items button. See screenshot:
1. If you want to recover multiple deleted emails, please hold Ctrl key and select the emails one by one, and then click Recover Selected Items button.
2. If you want to recover all deleted emails in this Recover Deleted Items dialog box, please click the Select All button and then click the Recover Selected Items button.
3. If you select the emails and then click the Purge Select Items button, the selected emails will be permanently removed from this dialog box and can’t be recovered any more.
5. After clicking Recover Selected Items button, the Recover Deleted Items dialog box will be closed automatically and the selected emails are recovered to the active Deleted Items folder immediately.
Note: If you need the deleted emails show in the Inbox folder again, please drag it from the Deleted Items folder to the Inbox folder manually.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.