How to rename the profile in Outlook?
Have you needed to change your profile name for Microsoft Outlook? Some Outlook users may find it hard to rename their profiles. Actually we can master renaming profiles with a tricky method: copying the profile and giving it a new name, and then deleting the original profile. In this article, I will show you the method in Microsoft Outlook step by step.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To rename your profile name for Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Access the Control Panel:
- In Windows 7, please click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of Taskbar > Control Pane.
- In Windows 8, Swipe in from the very right edge of the screen, click the Settings button, and then click the Control Panel. See screen shot:
Step 2: Now you get into the Control Panel:
- Firstly change the view mode by clicking the text besides the View by, and select the Small icons or Large icons from the drop down list;
- Then click the Mail icon. See screen shot:
Step 3: In the coming Mail Setup dialog box, please click the Show Profiles button.
Step 4: Now you get into the Mail dialog box, and click to highlight the profile name you will rename, and then click the Copy button.
Step 5: In the popping up Copy Profile dialog box, enter a new name in the New Profile Name box, and click the OK button.
Step 6: This step is optional. Now you get back to the Mail dialog box, check the option of Always use this profile, and then click the box below it and select the new profile name from the drop down list. See screen shot:
Step 7: Then click to highlight the original profile name, and then click the Remove button.
Step 8: Then a warning dialog box comes out. And please click the OK button in it.
Step 9: Click the OK button in the Mail dialog box, and exit the Control Pane.
So far, you have renamed your profile name for Microsoft Outlook already.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.