How to rename the profile in Outlook?
Have you needed to change your profile name for Microsoft Outlook? Some Outlook users may find it hard to rename their profiles. Actually we can master renaming profiles with a tricky method: copying the profile and giving it a new name, and then deleting the original profile. In this article, I will show you the method in Microsoft Outlook step by step.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To rename your profile name for Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Access the Control Panel:
- In Windows 7, please click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of Taskbar > Control Pane.
- In Windows 8, Swipe in from the very right edge of the screen, click the Settings button, and then click the Control Panel. See screen shot:
Step 2: Now you get into the Control Panel:
- Firstly change the view mode by clicking the text besides the View by, and select the Small icons or Large icons from the drop down list;
- Then click the Mail icon. See screen shot:
Step 3: In the coming Mail Setup dialog box, please click the Show Profiles button.
Step 4: Now you get into the Mail dialog box, and click to highlight the profile name you will rename, and then click the Copy button.
Step 5: In the popping up Copy Profile dialog box, enter a new name in the New Profile Name box, and click the OK button.
Step 6: This step is optional. Now you get back to the Mail dialog box, check the option of Always use this profile, and then click the box below it and select the new profile name from the drop down list. See screen shot:
Step 7: Then click to highlight the original profile name, and then click the Remove button.
Step 8: Then a warning dialog box comes out. And please click the OK button in it.
Step 9: Click the OK button in the Mail dialog box, and exit the Control Pane.
So far, you have renamed your profile name for Microsoft Outlook already.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.