How to clear offline items and recover (undo) in Outlook?
As an exchange user of Microsoft Outlook, you can clear all offline items and update/recovery all offline items from the exchange server easily. In this article, we will show you how to quickly clear all offline items in a specified folder as well as recover deleted offline items or undo clearing in Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
If you need to clear all offline items in a specified folder of an exchange account in Microsoft Outlook, for example all email messages in the Inbox folder, please do as following:
Step 1: Click to open the specified folder that you will clear all offline items from. In our case, we open the Inbox folder.
Step 2: Right click the folder, and select the Properties from the right-clicking menu. See screen shot:
Step 3: In the coming Inbox Properties dialog box, please click the Clear Offline Items button.
Step 4: Then a warning dialog box comes out. Please click the OK button in it.
Step 5: Click the OK button in the Inbox Properties dialog box.
Sometimes, the offline items are cleared by mistakes, and you need to undo the clearing. The following steps will help you recover cleared offline items in a specified folders of an exchange account in Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Click to open the specified folder whose offline items you want to recover. In our case, we open the Inbox folder.
Step 2: Click the Update Folder button on the Send/Receive tab. See screen shot:
Note: If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Send/Receive > This Folder (Microsoft Exchange).
It may take some time to recover and update the offline items for the specified folder. After update completing, the Outlook Send/receive Progress dialog box will close automatically.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.