How to sort contacts by date created or added in Outlook?
When you are using Microsoft Outlook, you can sort you Outlook contacts by Categories, Company and so on based on your own needs. But have you ever noticed that Outlook contacts can also be sorted by its date created or added? This article will show you detailed information of sorting contacts by date created or date added in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can sort contacts by created date in Outlook 2010 and 2013 as follows.
1. Select and open an Outlook contacts folder which you want to sort the contacts by date created.
2. Change the contacts view to List by clicking View > Change View > List.
3. Then click View > View Settings.
4. In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, click Columns button.
1). Select All Post fields in the Select available columns from drop-down list;
2). Select Created in the Available columns box;
3). Click Add -> button;
4). Then click the Move Up button to move the Created to the top of the Show these columns in this order box.
5). Click OK button.
6. When it returns to the Advanced View Settings dialog box, click OK button.
Then a new column named Created has been added before the column section automatically. And you can see all contacts in the selected contact folder are sorted by date created. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, you can sort Outlook contacts by date created with the following configuration.
1. Get into the Contacts folder which you want to sort its contacts by date created.
2. Change the Contacts view to Phone List view by clicking View > Current View > Phone List. See screenshot:
3. Then click View > Current View > Customize Current View to enter the Customize View dialog box.
4. In the Customize View dialog box, please click Fields button.
Then please click here to continue the left operations.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoVERY helpful - I put business cards in the wrong person's Contacts - sorting it by the day I entered them made it a breeze to copy them into the right person's Contacts!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWorked perfectly for Outlook 2017