How to do not archive flagged items in Outlook?
AutoArchive is quite useful for most users to archive items on time automatically in Microsoft Outlook. However, sometimes you may mark some items with flags and remind yourselves not to archive them. So how to prevent archiving flagged items automatically? In this article, I will show you the way in detail to do not archive flagged items in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The first part will guide you to create a rule and move all flagged email messages into a specified folder automatically. Please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and open a specified mail folder, and then open the Rules & Alerts dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Rules and Alerts.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the Rules > Manager Rules & Alerts on the Home tab.
Step 2: In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button on the E-mail Rules tab. See screen shot:
Step 3: In the popping up Rules Wizard dialog box, please click to highlight the Apply rule on messages I receive (or Check messages when they arrive in Outlook 2007), and click the Next button.
Step 4: In the second Rules Wizard dialog box,
(1) Check the option of flagged for action;
(2) Click the text of action in the Step 2 section;
(3) In the popping up Flagged Message dialog box, click the Flag box, and select a flag style from the drop down list, such as Follow up, and then click the OK button;
(4) Click the Next button.
Note: If you are not sure which types of flag they are, please select Any from the Flag drop-down list in the Flagged Message dialog box.
Step 5: In the third Rules Wizard dialog box,
(1) Check the option of move it to the specified folder;
(2) Click the text of specified in the Step 2 section;
(3) In the popping up Rules and Alerts dialog box, click to highlight a folder in the Choose a folder box, and click the OK button;
(4) Click the Next button.
Step 6: Click the Next button in the following Rules and Wizard dialog box, and you will get into the last Rules Wizard dialog box.
(1) Enter a name for the new rule in the Step 1: Specify a name for this rule box;
(2) Check the option of Rule this rule now on messages already in specified folder;
(3) Click the Finish button.
Step 7: Click the OK button to exit the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
Then all emails with flag are moved to the specified folder automatically.
This part will walk you through changing the specified folder’s properties which you move flagged items into with a rule, so that this folder won’t be archived in future.
Step 1: Right click the specified mail folder in the Navigation Pane, and click the Properties from the right-clicking menu. See screen shot:
Step 2: In the popping up dialog box, go to the AutoArchive tab, and check the option of Do not archive items in this folder, and click the OK button.
So far, all flagged email messages are moved to the specified mail folder and won’t be archived forever.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIt seems not work cos' we set "Apply rule on messages I receive". At the moment when message arrive, the message has not been flagged. And when we manually flag the message, the rule will not run. Flagging is not the trigger to run the rule.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI want the flagged emailed to not be archived... until they are completed. Once they are marked complete, I want them to archive with the rest of my emails. Is there a way to make Outlook ignore flagged messages when Archiving?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agono need to do all this - flagged items are NEVER archived as they remain "open" and change their "date last modified" the archiver uses as criteria