How to export and backup user Outlook profile?
It’s not easy and time-consuming to add email accounts, design signatures, make rules, etc. in Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, it’s quite necessary to back up the user Outlook profile before crucial changes. It also save your time to transfer account settings to new computer with exported user Outlook profile. In this article, I will describe how to export and back up user Outlook profiles in details.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To export and backup the user Outlook profile, please do as following:
Step 1: Close your Microsoft Outlook, and then press the Win+ R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
Step 2: Enter the regedit into the Open box in the Run dialog box, and then click the OK button.
Step 3: In the popping up User Account Control dialog box, please click the Yes button.
Step 4: Now the Register Editor window opens. Find out the Profile folder with following paths:
For Outlook 2010 and 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles
For Outlook 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles
Step 5: Right click the profile folder in the Registry Editor window, and then select the Export from the right-clicking menu. See screen shot above.
Step 6: Then the Export Registry File dialog box comes out. In this dialog box, please:
(1) Open the folder that you will save exported user Outlook profile in;
(2) Enter a name for the exported user Outlook profile in the File name box;
(3) Click the Save button.
Then the User Outlook profile is exported and saved into the specified folder at once.
Step 7: Close the Register Editor window.
Note: Microsoft Outlook will restore the user Outlook profile with just double clicking the exported profile.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.