How to export and backup user Outlook profile?
It’s not easy and time-consuming to add email accounts, design signatures, make rules, etc. in Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, it’s quite necessary to back up the user Outlook profile before crucial changes. It also save your time to transfer account settings to new computer with exported user Outlook profile. In this article, I will describe how to export and back up user Outlook profiles in details.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To export and backup the user Outlook profile, please do as following:
Step 1: Close your Microsoft Outlook, and then press the Win+ R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
Step 2: Enter the regedit into the Open box in the Run dialog box, and then click the OK button.
Step 3: In the popping up User Account Control dialog box, please click the Yes button.
Step 4: Now the Register Editor window opens. Find out the Profile folder with following paths:
For Outlook 2010 and 2007: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles
For Outlook 2013: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles
Step 5: Right click the profile folder in the Registry Editor window, and then select the Export from the right-clicking menu. See screen shot above.
Step 6: Then the Export Registry File dialog box comes out. In this dialog box, please:
(1) Open the folder that you will save exported user Outlook profile in;
(2) Enter a name for the exported user Outlook profile in the File name box;
(3) Click the Save button.
Then the User Outlook profile is exported and saved into the specified folder at once.
Step 7: Close the Register Editor window.
Note: Microsoft Outlook will restore the user Outlook profile with just double clicking the exported profile.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoThanks for this help!! Can I also ask how to import this exported Outlook profile on a new device which have Outlook?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agowill I have to re-enter the passwords once I restore the backup?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoSpot on!! THANKS!
I have Office 2016 so the reg key for that is:
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoYOU GHOD DHAM MUHTHA FHUGGIN SHON OF A BHITTCH CHUNT MUTTA FUGGA CHOCK SUGGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!