How to hide/turn off message preview in Outlook?
Have you noticed that there is a line of message preview for each email in the mail list of Outlook 2013? However, some users may think the message preview is not needed but occupies too much space in the mail list. Here I will show you how to hide or turn off the message preview from the mail list in Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
It’s quite easy to turn off the message preview from mail list in a specified mail folder in Microsoft Outlook 2013, and you can do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and click to open the folder that you will turn off message preview in.
Step 2: Click the Message Preview > Off on the View tab.
Step 3: In the popping up Microsoft Outlook dialog box, click the All mailboxes button or This folder button.
Then all message previews for each email disappear from the Mail list in all mailboxes (or this folder).
You may have enabled the auto message preview in Outlook 2007 or 2010 by accident. If so, you can turn off the message preview from mail list in Outlook 2007 or 2010 as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and click to open the specified mail folder that you will hide message preview from.
Step 2: Click the View Settings button on the View tab in Outlook 2010, or click the View > Current View > Customize Current View in Outlook 2007.
Step 3: In the popping up Advanced View Settings dialog box, click the Other Settings button.
Step 4: In the coming Other Settings dialog box, check the option of No AutoPreview, and click the OK button. See screen shot below:
Step 5: Click the OK button to exit the Advanced View Settings dialog box.
Then the message preview is turned off in the mail list of current opened mail folder in Microsoft Outlook 2007 or 2010.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.