How to hide or purge IMAP messages marked for deletion in Outlook?
If you have enabled marking IMAP items for deletion in Microsoft Outlook, the deleted messages will stay in the original folder instead of being moved to the Deleted Items folder automatically. In this article, I will introduce ways to hide and purge IMAP messages which are marked for deletion in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To hide all messages for deletion from a specified IMAP folder in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please do as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and click to open the certain IMAP folder that you will hide all messages marked for deletion.
Step 2: Click the Change View > Hide Messages Marked for Deletion on the View tab.
Then all IMAP messages marked for deletion disappear from current opening folder immediately.
Instead of hiding all IMAP messages marked for deletions, you may prefer to deleting them completely and moving them out of a certain IMAP folder.
his section will show you how to purge deleted items IMAP in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view, and click to open the specified IMAP folder that you will purge all messages marked for deletion.
Step 2: Click the Purge > Purge Marked Items in “Inbox” on the Folder tab. See screen shot below:
If you want to purge all messages marked for deletion in the whole IMAP account, please click the Purge > Purge Marked Items in "your IMAP Account".
If you want to purge all messages marked for deletion in all IMAP accounts, please click the Purge > Purge Marked Items in All Accounts.
Step 3: In the warning dialog box, click the Yes button.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.