How to enable or disable Outlook Today in Outlook?
For many Outlook users, when their Outlook launched, they will get into an interface called Outlook Today with todays’ Calendar, Tasks and Messages listed out. See screenshot:
They want to get rid of this Outlook Today interface and get into a specified Outlook folder directly when starting Outlook. But for some Outlook users, they cannot find the Outlook Today function in the Outlook main interface. In this tutorial, I will show you how to enable Outlook Today or disable Outlook Today in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To view the Outlook Today, please click your account name on the Navigation Pane of your Outlook main interface (you must click the account name which is your default data file account). See screenshot:
And now the Outlook Today page is displayed in the main window as following screenshot shown:
1. If you need the Outlook Today page always be displayed when you open the Outlook, you should do the following operations.
In Outlook Today Pane, click Customize Outlook Today at the top right corner of the window, then check When starting, go directly to Outlook Today option in the Customize Outlook Today window, at last, click Save Changes to save the settings.
2. This method is applied to Outlook 2007 / 2010 and 2013.
For enabling Outlook Today in Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can also add an Outlook Today button to the ribbon, please do as follows.
1. Please right click the Quick Access Toolbar, then click Customize Quick Access Toolbar in the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In Outlook Options dialog box, please do as follows.
1). Select All Commands from the Choose command from drop-down list;
2). Select Outlook Today in the box under All Commands drop-down list;
3). Click the Add button;
4). Click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Now the Outlook Today button will show in the Quick Access Toolbar. Click the button, you will get into the Outlook Today’s interface immediately.
If the Outlook Today’s main interface is automatically opened while starting Outlook, and you want to change the default opened Outlook folder to a specified one, please do as follows.
1. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click File > Options.
In Outlook 2007, click Tools > Options.
2. In Outlook Options dialog box in Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click Advanced in the left bar, then click the Browse button in Outlook start and exit section. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click the Advanced Options button under Other tab. Then click the Browse button in the Advanced Options dialog box. See screenshot:
3. When the Select Folder dialog box pops up, specify an Outlook folder, and then click the OK button.
4. Then click the OK buttons to close all dialog boxes to finish the whole setting.
From now on, when you start your Outlook application, the folder you have specified above will be opened automatically.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.