How to enable and disable panning hand in Outlook?
When viewing a PDF file, we can drag the page to any direction you want. However, when viewing messages in Outlook, we are only able to move the pages with scrolling the middle mouse button or scroll bar. Actually, there is a similar feature in Outlook, Panning Hand, which can realize dragging pages. In this article I will share ways about enabling and disabling panning hand in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The Panning Hand feature does not show in the Ribbon of Microsoft Outlook 2013, 2010 and 2007, so that we have to show the Panning Hand button out before enabling it.
Step 1: Open an email message that you want to read with panning hand.
Step 2: Click the Arrow > More Commands in the Quick Access Toolbar. See screen shot below:
Step 3: In the popping up Outlook Options dialog box,
(1) Click the Choose commands from box, and select the All Commands from the drop down list;
(2) Click to highlight the Panning Hand in the command list;
(3) Click the Add button;
(4) Click the OK button.
Step 4: Then you will see the Panning Hand button is added into the Quick Access Toolbar. To enable the panning hand, just click this button.
Note: If you have enabled the Panning Hand when viewing messages, the cursor would become a hand.
There are two methods to disable the Panning Hand in Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013.
The first method to disable the Panning Hand is with pressing the ESC key on the keyboard.
The second method to disable the Panning Hand is to click the Panning Hand button in the Quick Access Toolbar in Outlook again.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.