How to disable auto send receive on Outlook startup?
By default, the send and receive will be started automatically when Outlook startup. For Outlook taking a long time to update, some Outlook users may want to disable the auto send receive while Outlook startup. In this tutorial, you will learn how to disable auto send receive while Outlook starts.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
For disabling auto send receive while Outlook starts, please do as follows.
1. Open the Send/Receive Group dialog box.
1). In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click Send/Receive Groups > Define Send/Receive Groups under Send / Receive tab. See screenshot:
2). In Outlook 2007, please click the button beside the Send/Receive, then click Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive Groups. See screenshot:
2. In the Send/Receive Group dialog box, please select the All Accounts in the Group Name box. Then uncheck the Include this group in send/receive (F9) and Schedule an automatic send/receive every X minutes boxes in Setting for group “All Accounts” section. And uncheck the Include this group in send/receive (F9) box in When Outlook is Offline section. Finally click the Close button.
Then the send receive won’t be enabled automatically when Outlook startup.
Note: After uncheck the options above, the Send and Receive function won’t be displayed when Outlook startup, even you manually click the Send/Receive All Folders button. But you can still send emails through the email accounts by clicking the Send button, and receive email when it arrives.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.