How to save replies with original message in same Outlook folder?
By default, when you reply an email message you have received in other personal created folder in Outlook, the replies will be saved in the Sent Items folder automatically. For easily getting the information of the received and the relevant replies emails, you can save the replies with the original email in the same folder. In this tutorial, we will show you how to save replies with original message in same Outlook folder in details.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can do as follows to save replies with original message in same folder.
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, then go to the Save messages section, check the When replying to a message that is not in the Inbox, save the reply in the same folder box. And then click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, when you reply an email message in a created personal folder, the replied message will be saved in the same folder with the original emails.
If you are using Outlook 2007, please do as follows.
1. Click Tools > Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button under Preferences tab. See screenshot:
3. Then click the Advanced E-mail Options button in the E-mail Options dialog box.
4. In the Advanced E-mail Options dialog box, please check the In folders other than the Inbox, save replies with original message box, then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Click the OK buttons to close all dialog boxes to finish the setting.
1. This function can only work in the personal folder you created by yourself;
2. After enabling this function, the reply message will be saved in the same folder with original email.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.