How to link contacts to a specified contact in Outlook?
For example, your client send email messages to you with two email addresses frequently: one is his company email address, and the other is his own Gmail. The two email addresses may be saved as two contacts. In this case, you can link the two email addresses for easy communication with your client. Here I will describe how to link contacts to a specified contact in Outlook 2013.
Kutools for Outlook: 100+ New Advanced Tools for Outlook. Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10. Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To link contacts to a specified contact in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Open the contact card that you will link other contacts to.
Note: You can open contact card in many situations:
- When reading an email, double click the contact picture or picture placeholder;
- When reading an email, double click the email address of message recipients;
- When searching contacts in To-Do Bar, double click a searched contact;
- Double click a contact in the People Favorites in the To-do Bar;
- When composing emails, meetings, etc., double click an email address in the To/Cc/Bcc filed;
- In the Contacts view, show contacts in the List view with clicking Change View > People on the View tab, and then select the contact for showing in the Reading Pane.
Step 2: Click the ellipsis at the top-right corner, and select the Link Contacts from the drop down list.
Step 3: In the popping up dialog box, enter contact name that you will link to the opened contact card in the Find a contact to link box, click the search results, and click the OK button.
If you have linked contacts to a specified contact, in the specified contact card, you will get the linked contacts with clicking the Email button. See screen shot below:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.