How to keep text only when pasting from other programs in Outlook?
When pasting content in email message body in Outlook from other programs, you can choose to keep text only and remove all format of the copied content. You can not only manually keep text only while pasting, but also set the keep text only by default when pasting from other programs. In this article, we will show you how to manually and automatically keep text only when paste from other programs in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
When pasting content from other programs in Outlook email body, you will see there is a Paste Options button displaying at the end of the pasted content. You need to:
1. Copy the content you need, and then press Ctrl +V to paste it, the formatting will be pasted as well, then click on the Paste Options button, and choose Keep Text Only button in the drop-down menu. See screenshot:
2. Then you will see all formats in the content are removed and just keep the text only in your email body.
Note: If you can’t see the Paste Options button after you pasting the content, you can copy the content first, and then put the cursor on the place where you need to paste and right click, then choose Keep Text Only icon in the right-clicking menu. Then only the text is pasted, and other formatting is removed.
If you want to keep text only by default when pasting from other programs, you need to do the following configurations.
1. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click File > Options.
In Outlook 2007, please click Tools > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box in Outlook 2010 and 2013, click Mail in the left bar, then click the Editor Options button in the Compose messages section.
In Outlook 2007, click the Editor Options button under Mail Format tab.
3. In the Editor Options dialog box, click Advanced in the left bar, then go to the Cut, copy, and paste section, select Keep Text Only in the Pasting from other programs drop-down list. Finally click the OK button.
4. When it returns to the Outlook Options dialog box, click the OK button.
From now on, when you pasting contents from other programs into Outlook email body, it will be automatically keep the text only by default.
Note: If you want to keep text only when pasting within the same e-mail, pasting between emails or pasting between e-mails when style definitions conflict, you can select Keep Text Only from the below options one by one. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.