How to use space bar as single key reading in Outlook?
For some emails, the contents are short, so that you can read directly in the Reading Pane without double clicking to open it. For many Outlook users, they tend to read emails in Outlook by scrolling the mouse. Actually, always using the mouse can cause uncomfortable for your hand. In this tutorial, we will show you how to use the space bar to read your emails without using the mouse.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can use space bar to read emails as follows.
1. Click File > Options.
2. In Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar, then click the Reading Pane button in the Outlook panes section. See screenshot:
3. In the Reading Pane dialog box, check the Single key reading using space bar box, and click the OK button.
4. Click the OK button in the Outlook Options dialog box.
From now on, you can press the space bar to move down to select emails for reading in the Reading Pane.
If you are using Outlook 2007, please do as follows.
1. Click Tools > Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, go to the Other tab, then click the Reading Pane button in Outlook Panes section.
3. In the Reading Pane dialog box, check the Single key reading using space bar box, and then click the OK button.
4. Click the OK button in the Options dialog box.
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365