How to search local contacts before Global Address List in Outlook?
By default, Outlook will search contacts in the Global Address Book first when we find contacts in Address Book, because Outlook shows the Global Address List first by default. In some cases, there may be a number of contacts in the Global Address List, and it will take a long time to search for a local contact. Therefore, we need to manually change to the local contacts folder and then search for contacts in the Address Book. Here I will introduce the way to automatically search local contacts before Global Address List in the Address Book of Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To change the search order and search local contact folders before the Global Address List in Address Book of Outlook, you can do as following:
Step 1: Open the Address Book with one of following ways:
- In Outlook 2007, click the Tools > Address Book;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click the Address Book button on the Home tab. See screen shot below:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + B keys in a meanwhile.
Step 2: In the opening Address Book dialog box, click the Tools > Options. See screen shot:
Step 3: In the throwing Addressing dialog box, check the Option of Start with Contact folders, and then click the OK button.
Note: In Outlook 2007, just click the Show this address list first box, specify the contact folder you want to search firstly from the drop down list, and click the OK button.
Step 4: Close the Address Book dialog box.
From now on, whenever you search contacts in the Address Book, it will search the local contact folders before the Global Address List automatically.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.