How to remove blue line when replying or forwarding email in Outlook?
Have you ever noticed that sometimes when replying or forwarding emails in Outlook, there is a blue line displaying before the original message?
With the blue line showing in the email message, do you know how to remove it? After reading this article, removing the blue line when replying or forwarding won’t be a problem anymore.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Actually, the blue line cannot be removed manually. If you are using Outlook 2010 and 2013, please do as follows to remove the blue line.
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar, go to the Replies and Forwards section, select Include original message text separately in the When replying to a message and When forwarding a message drop-down boxes and then click the OK button.
Note: Before changing, you can see the Prefix each line of the original message options are chosen in the When replying/forwarding a message boxes.
Then you can see the blue line before the original message is gone when replying or forwarding messages.
If you are using Outlook 2007, please do as follows.
1. Click Tools > Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button under Preferences tab.
3. In the E-mail Options dialog box, select Include original message text separately in the When replying to a message and the When forwarding a message drop-down boxes. And then click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. When it returns to the Options dialog box, click the OK button.
Note: if the email is in plain text format, there will be no formats existing in the email body either the blue line.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.