How to prevent Outlook from removing images when replying Rich Text emails?
You may have noticed that inline images are automatically replaced with the text of << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> when replying a Rich Text email in Outlook. It will be inconvenient without inline images which can show easy visual demonstration. Take it easy! This article will show you the solution to prevent Outlook from removing inline images when replying Rich Text emails.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to reply a Rich Text email without losing any inline images of original email in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, double click to open the Rich Text email you will reply.
2. In the opening Message window, please click Message > Actions > Edit Message. See screenshot:
3. Go ahead to click Format Text > HTML to change the currently opening Rich Text email to HTML. See screenshot:
4. Please save the email and close the Message window.
5. Now you return to the Mail view. Keep selecting the email you will reply, and click Home > Reply or Reply All. See screenshot:
6. Now the replying message is opening with all inline images remaining. Please compose and send it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.