How to change a signature for Plain Text emails in Outlook?
Let’s say you have designed a signature displaying perfectly in HTML emails in Outlook. However, when inserting the signature in Plain Text emails, the text formats, image, and hyperlinks are lost as below screenshots shown. So how could you change a signature for Plain Text emails only, without affecting it in HTML emails? This article will guide you to fix this problem.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To change an Outlook signature for Plain Text emails only, please do as follows:
1. In Outlook, click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar, and then click the Signatures button with holding the Ctrl key. See screenshot:
Now the folder containing all Outlook signature files is opening. Please close the Outlook Options dialog box.
3. Double click to open the text file of specified signature that you want to change for plain text emails only.
4. Now the text file of specified signature is opening, please change it as you need, save the changes, and close it. See screenshots:
From now on, when you insert the specified signature in a plain text email, it will display as what you changed in the text file like below screenshot shown. However, the signature will still display same in HTML emails and rich text emails as before.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.