How to change a signature for Plain Text emails in Outlook?
Let’s say you have designed a signature displaying perfectly in HTML emails in Outlook. However, when inserting the signature in Plain Text emails, the text formats, image, and hyperlinks are lost as below screenshots shown. So how could you change a signature for Plain Text emails only, without affecting it in HTML emails? This article will guide you to fix this problem.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To change an Outlook signature for Plain Text emails only, please do as follows:
1. In Outlook, click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar, and then click the Signatures button with holding the Ctrl key. See screenshot:
Now the folder containing all Outlook signature files is opening. Please close the Outlook Options dialog box.
3. Double click to open the text file of specified signature that you want to change for plain text emails only.
4. Now the text file of specified signature is opening, please change it as you need, save the changes, and close it. See screenshots:
From now on, when you insert the specified signature in a plain text email, it will display as what you changed in the text file like below screenshot shown. However, the signature will still display same in HTML emails and rich text emails as before.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.