How to search keywords with accents in Outlook?
For example, you type the search criteria subject:"tést" into the Instant Search box, all emails whose subjects contain the keywords of test will be found out as the first screenshot shown. However, you just want to search with accent characters sensitivity, and find the emails with tést in subjects only as the second screenshot shown, any ideas? This article will solve this problem in Outlook.
To search emails with accent characters sensitivity in Outlook, you need to configure the search options in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Search in the left bar, and then click the Indexing Options button in the Sources section. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out Indexing Options dialog box, please click the Advanced button. See screenshot:
4. Now you get into the Advanced Options dialog box. Please check the Treat similar words with diacritics as different words option on the Index Settings tab, and then click the OK buttons successively in the popping out Diacritics Settings Change dialog box and the Advanced Options dialog box. See screenshot:
5. After the index rebuilding finishes, please click the Close button in the Indexing Options dialog box, and click the OK button in the Outlook Options dialog box.
6. Please restart Microsoft Outlook.
From now on, when you type the search criteria search criteria subject:"tést" into the Instant Search box, only the emails with "tést" in subjects will be found out and listed in the mail list.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.