How to search keywords with accents in Outlook?
For example, you type the search criteria subject:"tést" into the Instant Search box, all emails whose subjects contain the keywords of test will be found out as the first screenshot shown. However, you just want to search with accent characters sensitivity, and find the emails with tést in subjects only as the second screenshot shown, any ideas? This article will solve this problem in Outlook.
To search emails with accent characters sensitivity in Outlook, you need to configure the search options in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Search in the left bar, and then click the Indexing Options button in the Sources section. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out Indexing Options dialog box, please click the Advanced button. See screenshot:
4. Now you get into the Advanced Options dialog box. Please check the Treat similar words with diacritics as different words option on the Index Settings tab, and then click the OK buttons successively in the popping out Diacritics Settings Change dialog box and the Advanced Options dialog box. See screenshot:
5. After the index rebuilding finishes, please click the Close button in the Indexing Options dialog box, and click the OK button in the Outlook Options dialog box.
6. Please restart Microsoft Outlook.
From now on, when you type the search criteria search criteria subject:"tést" into the Instant Search box, only the emails with "tést" in subjects will be found out and listed in the mail list.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!