How to block tracking / read receipt in Outlook emails?
Have you ever received read receipt request when opening an Outlook email as below screenshot shown? In some cases, you may need to block such tracking for the reason of privacy, security, etc. Here, this tutorial will introduce the way to block (read receipt) tracking in Outlook emails easily.
To block email tracking or block sending read receipt in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Trust Center in the left bar, and then click the Trust Center Settings button. See screenshot:
3. In the Trust Center dialog box, click Email Security in the left bar, check Read all standard mail in plain text option in the Read as Plain Text section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Now you return to the Outlook Options dialog box. Go ahead to click Mail in the left bar, check Never send a read receipt option in Tracking section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, all incoming email will be converted to plain text automatically, and all read receipt requests will be blocked automatically in your Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.