How to block tracking / read receipt in Outlook emails?
Have you ever received read receipt request when opening an Outlook email as below screenshot shown? In some cases, you may need to block such tracking for the reason of privacy, security, etc. Here, this tutorial will introduce the way to block (read receipt) tracking in Outlook emails easily.
To block email tracking or block sending read receipt in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Trust Center in the left bar, and then click the Trust Center Settings button. See screenshot:
3. In the Trust Center dialog box, click Email Security in the left bar, check Read all standard mail in plain text option in the Read as Plain Text section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Now you return to the Outlook Options dialog box. Go ahead to click Mail in the left bar, check Never send a read receipt option in Tracking section, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, all incoming email will be converted to plain text automatically, and all read receipt requests will be blocked automatically in your Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.