How to backup emails as PST file in Outlook?
For example, you want to back up all emails in an email account as an individual PST file, how could you deal with it? And what if backing up all emails in an Outlook folder as a PST file in Outlook? This article will introduce the solution for you:
To backup all emails in the whole email account as a PST file, please do as follows:
1. Go to the Navigation Pane, right-click the specified email account, and then select Open File Location from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
Now the folder containing the PST file of the specified email account is opening, and the specified PST file is highlighted.
2. Close the Microsoft Outlook.
3. Go to the folder you opened in Step 1, press Ctrl + C keys to copy the specified PST file.
4. Go to the destination folder you will back up the PST file, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste it.
To backup all emails in a certain folder as a PST file in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Open & Export (or Import) > Import/Export (or Import).
2. In the Import and Export Wizard, please click to select the Export to a file option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
3. In the Export to a File dialog box, please click to select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
4. In the Export Outlook Data File dialog box, please select the specified folder where you will back up all emails from, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
Note: To backup all emails from subfolders of the specified folder, you can check the Include subfolders option.
5. In the new Export Outlook Data File dialog box, please click the Browse button.
6. Now the Open Outlook Data Files dialog box comes out. Please (1) specify the destination folder where you will save the PST file, (2) type a name for the PST file in the File name box, and (3) click the OK button.
7. Now you return to the Export Outlook Data File dialog box, please click the Finish button.
8. In the popping out Create Outlook Data File dialog box, please click the OK button directly.
Note: It's optional to add a password for the backup PST file. If you need to add a password, please type the password into both Password and Verify Password boxes, and then click the OK button.
So far, you have backed up all emails from a certain Outlook folder as a PST file already.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.