List, update and locate bookmarks in side panel of Word
Bookmarks is an easy way for navigating to a specific part of document quickly in Word.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Bookmark function of Word provides users with adding, deleting, locating bookmars of document in a windows form.
Click Insert tab > Bookmark in Links group
But you can't edit document content when the bookmark windows form is on, so you can only insert one bookmark once.
With the built-in bookmark function, you can easily navigate between bookmarks or insert a bookmark.
Kutools for Word provides users advanced bookmark function. You can use this utility for managing bookmarks in document efficiently.
1. After you have Kutools for Word installed, please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Bookmark Pane. See screenshot:
2. Bookmark pane is a side panel locates at the left side in Word.
In bookmark pane, you can see the list of all bookmarks and easily refresh, insert, locate, and remove bookmarks.
Tip: you can quickly navigate between bookmarks by left-double-clicking on the bookmark name in the bookmark pane.
Refresh bookmark list button: Update the Bookmark Pane
Grow font/ shrink font button: Increase or decrease the font size of bookmark name
Insert button: Insert new bookmark at the locations or position of current cursor
Delete button: Delete or remove the selected bookmark
Navigation button: Navigate to the location of the selected bookmark
For more detailed information about Caption Pane of Kutools for Word, please visit here.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...