How to close all open documents or windows in Word
When you have numerous documents opened in one window or separate windows, and you want to close all of them instead of closing them one by one manually, are there any easy ways to get it done? Now, this tutorial will introduce the tricks for you to quickly close all open documents or windows.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
If you want to close all documents or windows quickly at once, follow the steps:
1. Put your cursor on the Taskbar and right click on.
2. Click Close all windows, see screenshot:
3. Then it will close all documents or windows.
Note: If you have documents unsaved, it will remind you to save them one by one.
In generally, the Close All command doesn’t show directly on the Quick Access Toolbar. You need to add this command icon to the Quick Access Toolbar first in order to use it easily.
Step 1. In word 2010/2013, click File > Options > Quick Access Toolbar. (In Word 2007, click Office button > Options > Quick Access Toolbar.
Step 2. In Word Options’ Quick Access Toolbar section, under Chosse commands from, select All Commands from the drop-down list box, and choose Close All command, click Add button and finally click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
After adding the Close All command to the Quick Access Toolbar, you can quickly close multiple open documents by just one click on it. See screenshot:
Besides the above two tricks, if you have Kutools for Word installed, the Close All utility can close all open windows or documents by just one click.
1. Pleas apply this utility by clicking Enterprise > More > Close All, see screenshot:
2. After clicking Close All, all documents or windows will be closed immediately.
For more information about Close All function, please go to Close All.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...