How to apply/insert background image to only one page in Word?
In general, you can insert background image to all pages of a Word document easily by clicking Design (or Page Layout) > Page Color. However, in some cases you may just want to apply background image to only one page, how could you deal with it? This article will introduce a workaround to solve it at ease.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Please follow below steps to apply background image to only one page in a Word document.
1. Scroll to the specified page you will add background image in, and click View > One Page to show the whole page in the screen.
2. Click Insert > Shapes > Rectangle as below screenshot shown, and then draw a rectangle covering the whole page.
3. Keep the rectangle selected, and click Format (under Drawing Tools) > Wrap Text > Behind Text. See screenshot:
4. Still keep the rectangle selected, and click the anchor at the bottom-right corner of Shape Styles group on the Format tab (under Drawing Tools). See screenshot:
5. Now the Format Picture pane is opening in the right side of Word document. Please check the Picture or texture fill option in Fill section, and click the File button. See the first screenshot below:
Note: If you are using Microsoft Word 2010 or earlier versions, please (1) click Fill Effects button in the Format AutoShape dialog box, (2) enable Picture tab in the Fill Effects dialog box, and (3) click the Select Picture button. See the second screenshot below:
6. In the popping out Insert Picture dialog box, please find out and select the specified picture you will add as background image, and click the Insert button. See screenshot:
7. Check the Tile Picture as texture option in the Format Picture pane.
8. Expand the Line section, and check No line option in the Format Picture pane. See the first screenshot below:
Note: If you are using Microsoft Word 2010 or earlier versions, after returning to the Format AutoShape dialog box, please click Color > No color in the Line section, and click the OK button. See the second screenshot below:
So far, you have added the background image to the specified page only already. See screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agothank you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoGreat! Thanks
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoMe ajudou! Muito obrigado!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agowonderful. thank you so much
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoYou got to be kidding me !!
Is hacky way the only way !?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoMe ajudou muito! Obrigada
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks a lot...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agothanks boo x