How to move page order/number down in a Word document?
Let’s say you want to move a page to the end of current Word document, how could you deal with it quickly? And what if arranging multiple pages’ order in bulk? Here, this article will introduce a couple of tricks to move page order/number in a Word document easily.
For example, you need to move one page to the end of current Word document, you can easily cut this page, and then paste it at the end of this document. Please do as follows:
1. Enable the Navigation Pane by checking the Navigation Pane option on the View tab. See screenshot:
2. In the Navigation Pane, please click the Pages tab, and then click the specified page you will move to end. See screenshot:
3. Now the cursor jumps to the beginning of the specified page. Please select the whole page, and press Ctrl + X keys together to cut this page.
Note: When the cursor is placed at the beginning of the specified page, you can press Shift + PgDn (Page Down) keys together to select the whole page easily.
4. Go to the end of current document, and then press Ctrl + V keys together to paste the specified page.
Till now the specified page has been moved to the end of current document already.
You might notice that the pages can’t be moved under Pages tab of Navigation Pane, however, the headings are movable on the Headings tab by dragging and dropping. This method will guide you to add Heading 1 at the beginning of each page, and then move pages by moving these headings in Word.
1. Enable the Navigation Pane by checking Navigation Pane option on the View tab. See screenshot:
2. Click the Pages tab on the Navigation Pane. See screenshot:
3. Please (1) click the Page 1 on the Navigation pane to skip to Page 1, (2) type Page 1 at the beginning of the page, and then (3) click Home > Heading 1. See screenshot:
Please repeat this step to type Page 2 and format as Heading 1 at the beginning of Page 2, …, type Page N and format as Heading 1 at the beginning of Page N.
4. Click the Headings tab on the Navigation Pane. And now you will see the headings are shown as page numbers. See screenshot:
5. Drag the specified page you will move, and then drop to the proper location. Repeat this step to rearrange all pages as you need. See screenshots:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.