How to sort full names based on the last name in Word document?
In Word document, we can quickly sort a list of names alphabetically by using the Sort function, and all the names will be sorted by the first name. But, have you ever tried to sort the full names based on the last name in Word?
In Word document, to sort a list of names by last name, please do with the following steps:
1. Select the names list, and then click Home > Sort, see screenshot:
2. In the Sort Text dialog box, click Options button, see screenshot:
3. In the Sort Options dialog box, in the Separate fields at section, select the separator that between the names, in this case, I will choose Other option, and then type a space into the box, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK to return the Sort Text dialog, here, you should select Word 2 from the Sort by drop down list, and then specify the sort order as you need, see screenshot:
5. And then click OK to close the dialog box, and now, you can see the full names have been sorted by the last name as following screenshot shown:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...