How to change all instances of heading 1 to heading 2 at once in Word document?
Supposing，there are multiple styles such as title, subtitle, heading 1, heading 2, etc. in your Word document, and now you need to change all instances of heading 1 to heading 2 at the same time. How can you do to achieve it? This article provides method for you to get it done.
Please do as follows to change all instances of heading 1 to heading 2 at the same time in Word document
1. Click to put your cursor into any heading 1 in your document, then click Home > Style. See screenshot:
2. Then the Styles pane is opening, and all styles are listed in the pane. Please right click the Heading 1 and select Select All option from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. Now all instances of heading 1 are selected in the document. You just need to click Heading 2 in the Styles pane to change all selected heading 1 to heading 2 at once. See screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...