How to remove header line in Word document?
Have you ever inserted header with a line below into a Word document as below screenshot shown? And how to remove the header line if you don’t need it anymore and only keep the header information? This article will do you a favor.
You can change the header border settings to remove the horizontal line in document header. Please do as follows.
1. Double click the header to enable the editing mode.
2. Click Home > Borders > Borders and Shading. See screenshot:
3. In the Borders and Shading dialog box, under the Borders tab, select None in the Setting pane, choose Paragraph from the Apply to drop-down list, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the horizontal line was removed from the header of your Word document immediately.
With the Remove Header Lines utility of Kutools for Word, you can quickly remove all horizontal lines from document header and retain the header information. Please do as follows.
1. Open the Word document you will remove header lines, then click Kutools > Remove > Clear Header Lines. See screenshot:
2. Click Yes in the opening Kutools for Word dialog to start removing header lines.
3. Then another Kutools for Word dialog pops up to inform you of the successful removing, click OK to close it.
Now all header lines are removed from document header as below screenshot shown.
Kutools for Word includes more than 100 powerful features and tools for Microsoft Word. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...