How to update/refresh one field or all fields in Word document?
In a Word document, the document information such as file name, file path maybe inserted as fields as below screenshot shown. But when the document information has been changed, the fields cannot be changed automatically, how can you update the fields in Word?
Update one field in Word
To update one field, there is a utility in right click menu.
Select the field you want to update, right click to display the context menu, click Update Field.
Then the selected field has been refreshed.
Update all fields in Word
If you want to update all fields in the whole Word document, you can use shortcuts.
1. Press Ctrl + A to select the whole document.
2. Pres F9 key to refresh all fields in Word.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks for the F9 trick! I don't use Word too everyday, is this option available anywhere in graphic user interface in case of forgetting the shortcut?