How to add comment to text within a text box in Word document?
You may find out the New Comment option turns to gray when trying to add comment to text within a text box in Word. If you want to mark certain text within text box with comment, how can you do to achieve it? This article shows you method to solve this problem in details.
You can convert the existing text boxes to frames in order to add comment to them. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly, you need to save the Word document as 97 – 2003 document format. Click File > Save as > Browse.
2. In the Save As window, select a folder to save the file, select Word 97 – 2003 Document (*.doc) from the Save as type drop-down list, and then click the Save button. See screenshot:
3. Click Continue in the Microsoft Word Compatibility Checker box.
4. Open the 97 – 2003 format document you have saved, select and right click the border of the text box, click Format AutoShape/Picture in the context menu. See screenshot:
5. In the Format Text Box dialog box, go to the Text Box tab, click the Convert to Frame… button, and then click OK in the popping up Microsoft Word window.
6. Now you can add comment to the texts within comment.
If you don’t want to convert the document to 97 – 2003 format, you can just replace text box with Frame in document. Please do as follows.
1. Click Developer > Legacy Tools > Insert Frame. See screenshot:
2. Draw a frame into your document, fill in the frame with text, then you can add comment to the text directly.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.