How to disable auto capitalization feature in Word document?
It may be annoying that the first letter will be capitalized automatically when typing text string in a new sentence in a Word document. In this case, how could you disable this auto capitalization feature in Word?
You can solve this task by going to the Word Options to set some operations, please do as this:
1. Click File > Options, in the Word Options dialog box, click Proofing option from the left pane, and then click AutoCorrect Options button, see screenshot:
2. Then, in the AutoCorrect dialog box, under the AutoCorrect tab, uncheck the Correct TWo INitial CAapitals, Capitalize first letter of sentences and Capitalize first letter of table cells options, see screenshot:
Note: You can uncheck the last two Capitalize names of days and Correct accidental usage of cAPS LOCK key options as you need.
3. Then, click OK > OK to close the dialogs, from now on, the first letter will not be capitalized as you need when typing text.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...