How to change the default font in Word document?
May be, you would like to prefer another font style than default font the Word provides when typing the contents in a Word document. In this case, you need to change the default font to the font you desired each time when editing a new document. This article, I will talk about how to change the default font style, font size or font color to your need.
To change the default font style, font size or font color to another you need, the Font feature in Word document can help you. Please do as this:
1. Open a new blank Word document, and then click Home > Font launcher, see screenshot:
2. In the Font dialog box, under the Font tab, set the font style, font size and font color to your like, see screenshot:
3. And then, click Set As Default button, a prompt message box is popped out, check All documents based on the Normal.dotm template? option, see screenshot:
4. Then, click OK to close the dialogs, from now on, when typing text in a new document, the specified font style, font size or font color will be applied as default.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...