How to insert header or footer with page number in Word document?
Normally, when you insert page number for a Word document, the existing header or footer will be removed automatically. How could you insert both the header or footer and page numbers into a Word file?
The following steps can help you to insert page number as well as the header or footer information, please do as this:
1. Double click the header or footer to enter the editing mode, and then press Space key on the keyboard to put the cursor at the place where you need to insert the page number, see screenshot:
2. And then, click Design under the Header & Footer Tools tab, then, click Page number > Current Position, and select one page number formatting you need, see screenshot:
3. And then, the page number is inserted into the Word document along with the header or footer information, see screenshot:
4. At last, click Close Header and Footer under the Design tab, see screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...