How to view all footnotes from a Word document?
If you have a long word document contains multiple footnotes, and the footnotes distribute on different pages. Now, you would like to view all the footnotes at same time without scrolling the pages one by one. How could you solve this job in Word document?
In Word document, you can view all footnotes at once by changing the file format to Draft view, please do as this:
1. Open the word document that you want to view all footnotes, and then click View > Draft, see screenshot:
2. Then, go on clicking References > Show Notes, see screenshot:
3. Now, all footnotes within this whole document have been displayed at the bottom pane as following screenshot shown:
Note: If there are both footnotes and endnotes in your document, when clicking Show Notes option, a Show Notes dialog box pops out, please select View footnote area option, see screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...