How to remove all page breaks in Word?
Working with a long document, we may need to insert page breaks to start a new page with a specific paragraph. We can set options to control where Word positions automatic page breaks, but only manual page break is removable. This tutorial is telling us how to remove page breaks in several ways.
1. If you cannot see the page breaks showing in the document, you need to show them by clicking Home > Show/Hide Editing Marks button. See screenshot
2. Highlight the whole page break line, or place the cursor directly to the left of the page break line,
2. Then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
It is easy to use the above way to remove a page break in word, but how to remove dozens of page breaks? It is feasible to press the “Ctrl” key to select all page breaks and then press Delete key, but it seems time-consuming if the document has more than 100 pages.
Remove all breaks (page breaks, column breaks, section breaks, all breaks) in selection or the whole document with one click
|In Word, to remove the page breaks or section breaks, you just can remove them one by one manually or use the VBA code which is time-wasted. But the Breaks utility of Kutools for Word, can quickly remove the papge breaks, column breaks, section breaks or all breaks in the selection(s) or the whole document with one click. Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Word: with hundreds handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
Compared with the first method, the Find and Replace option saves you much time. You don’t need to select all page breaks one by one through a long document, and just a few steps will have it done.
Please apply this utility by clicking Home > Replace.
It will display a Find and Replace dialog. Click More>> button to show more options. See screenshot:
3. Place the cursor in the Find What field, and select the Manual Page Break from the Special pull-down menu.
4. There will be a “^m” character in the Find What field, and click Replace All.
With Kutools for Word, it has never been so easy to remove all page breaks in the whole or the selection of a document.
|Kutools for Word, with groups of handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
1. Cclick Kutools > Breaks > Remove Page Breaks. See screenshot:
Then all page breaks in the whole document or all the page breaks from the selected part of the document will be removed. See screenshots:
1. Only Kutools for Word will keep all formatting after removing page breaks in the document.
2. Remove Page Breaks also works at selection. Before applying Remove Page Breaks, select the paragraphs you want to remove the page breaks.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.