How to remove all page breaks in Word?
Working with a long document, we may need to insert page breaks to start a new page with a specific paragraph. We can set options to control where Word positions automatic page breaks, but only manual page break is removable. This tutorial is telling us how to remove page breaks in several ways.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
1. If you cannot see the page breaks showing in the document, you need to show them by clicking Home > Show/Hide Editing Marks button. See screenshot
2. Highlight the whole page break line, or place the cursor directly to the left of the page break line,
2. Then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
It is easy to use the above way to remove a page break in word, but how to remove dozens of page breaks? It is feasible to press the “Ctrl” key to select all page breaks and then press Delete key, but it seems time-consuming if the document has more than 100 pages.
Compared with the first method, the Find and Replace option saves you much time. You don’t need to select all page breaks one by one through a long document, and just a few steps will have it done.
Please apply this utility by clicking Home > Replace.
It will display a Find and Replace dialog. Click More>> button to show more options. See screenshot:
3. Place the cursor in the Find What field, and select the Manual Page Break from the Special pull-down menu.
4. There will be a “^m” character in the Find What field, and click Replace All.
With Kutools for Word, it has never been so easy to remove all page breaks in the whole or the selection of a document.
1. After you have Kutools for Word installed, please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Breaks > Remove Page Breaks. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Remove Page Breaks, all page breaks in the whole document or all the page breaks from the selected part of the document will be removed. See screenshots:
Note: Only Kutools for Word will keep all formatting after removing page breaks in the document.
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoMy word program is not allowing me to remove an unwanted page break. I have tried both methods that is illustrated on the web. But my mouse still does not allow the cursor to highlight the line on the left of the page break. This page break came automatically when I just wished for a line of star symbols not a page break. So what have I done wrong? Why is the removal of a page break so frustrating. I believe it should be a feature that word must fix to make it more user friendly like a click on the toolbar to remove these breaks when they are not needed.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI am doing Mail Merge with Table. But Section Break does not removed either find and replace or using KUTOOL.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAfter following above guidelines to remove all page breaks from one document, now the page break line does not show when I click on "Insert" = page break. Even though it appears to "break" I need to see the line. How can I bring it back for the current and all future documents? Thank you.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoTo reformat an entire document having many page breaks, I deleted them all at once following the search/replace guidelines above; however, now when I try to use the "Insert" = Page Break, the page break line does not show. How can I have it back for current and future use? Thanks.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIf you go to the end of your page. Put your cursor after the last line and Ctrl. Enter. It will insert a manual page [quote name="Myrtle"]To reformat an entire document having many page breaks, I deleted them all at once following the search/replace guidelines above; however, now when I try to use the "Insert" = Page Break, the page break line does not show. How can I have it back for current and future use? Thanks.[/quote]
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoExcellent help. It saved me a whole lot of time.