How to remove endnotes quickly in Word?
Endnotes are used for citation of sources in printed document. It consists of note reference mark and corresponding note text, just as same as footnotes. Endnotes always locate in the end of document. This tutorial will show you several ways to remove endnotes from a Word document easily.
- Manually remove endnotes one by one
- Remove all endnotes with Find and Replace function
- One click to remove all endnotes with an amazing tool
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
You can remove endnotes with the note reference mark. By default, endnotes are marked by Roman numerals. You can easily remove such a Roman numeral to remove corresponding endote in Word.
Select the note reference mark of endnote you want to remove, and press Delete button.
Obviously, if there are too many endnotes it would be really cumbersome to delete all manually.
Find and Replace function works well in remove all endnotes from document. It’s more quickly than remove them one by one. To remove all endnotes from document as follows:
1. Click Home > Replace (or press Ctrl + H keys together) to activate the Replace feature;
2. In the Find and Replace dialog, please do as follows:
(1) In the Find what box, please type ^e;
(2) Type nothing in the Replace with box;
(3) Click the Replace All button. See screenshot:
3. In the popping out Microsoft Word dialog, please click the OK button (see below screenshot). And close the Find and Replace dialog as you need.
Word will find and remove all endnotes within document via Find and Replace function.
With the Remove Endnotes feature of Kutools for Word, you can easily remove all endnotes from whole document or a certain selection with only one click.
Just click Kutools >Remove > Remove Endnotes, and all endnotes will be deleted in bulk immediately from the current document.
If you need to remove endnotes from a part of current document, just select this part firstly, and then click Kutools >Remove > Remove Endnotes.
Then a dialog box will come out and ask for your reconfirmation. Just click the Yes button, and all endnotes will be deleted from the whole Word document or your selection at once.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...