How to insert captions to all tables, figures or equations at once in Word?
Caption is a number label to distinguish different Objects in Word document, such as tables, figures and equations. This tutorial will show you the way to quickly insert captions to each table, figure and equation at once in Word document.
- Manually insert captions to tables, figures and equations one by one
- One click to insert captions to all tables, figures and equations at once with Kutools for Word
Batch insert captions for all pictures, tables, and equations in Word
Normally, you can insert a caption for one picture, table, or equation with the Insert Caption feature easily in Word. But what if dozens of pictures, tables, or equations? Now try the Multiple Captions feature of Kutools for Word, which will free your from the tedious and repetitive work, and add captions for all pictures, tables, and equations with just several clicks only! Click for 60-day free trial!
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
This method will guide you to insert a caption for a certain object (picture, table, or equation) with the Insert Caption feature manually. Please do as follows:
This method will add a caption for the current selected object (picture, table, or equation) only. To insert captions for all table, figures, or equations in bulk, please visit Kutools.
1. Select the object (picture, table, or equation) you want to add a caption for, and click References > Insert Caption. See screenshot:
2. In the Caption dialog, please specify the label type from the Label drop-down list, choose the label position from the Position drop-down list, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
So far, a caption has been added for the selected object already. See screenshot:
Kutools for Word's insert Multiple Captions utility can insert captions to all the tables, figures, equations at once. It can also insert captions to SmartArt and Chart.
1. Please click Kutools Plus > Multiple Captions to apply this utility. See screenshot:
2. In the Batch Insert Caption dialog, please check the types of System Captions as you need, and click the OK button.
Now captions are inserted for the specified type of objects at once.
Note: Drag the vertical scrollbar of above image to view more...
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...