How to open Auto Recover file location to recover the lost word document?
The feature of AutoRecover will automatically save your working document in every specified minute, if you have enabled this feature in your Word. How to quickly access the AutoRecover file location when you need to recover the lost document in Word? This tutorial will introduce two methods to open the AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document.
- Open AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document in Word Options
- Open AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document with Kutools for Word
This method will guild you to find out the Auto Recover file location from Word Options, and then recover files with the Auto Recover file location easily in Word.
1. Click File > Options to open the Word Options dialog box.
2. In the opening Word Options dialog box, please click Save in left bar, copy the folder path from the Auto Recover file location box, and then close the Word Options. See screenshot:
3. Go ahead to click File > Open >Browse.
4. In the Open dialog box, please (1) press Ctrl + V keys together to paste the AutoRecover file location into the Address box, and press Enter key; (2) select All Files from the drop down list right to the File name box, and then (3) double click to open the specified folder that probably contains recovered file. See screenshot:
5. In the opening AutoRecover file folder, please select the specified ASD file of lost word document, and click the Open button. See screenshot:
(1) If the document is new and never been saved, the file name will be something like “AutoRecovery save of Document 1.asd";
(2) If the document was already manually saved, but you lost intervening work between saves, it will have the name of the saved document (e.g, “Autocovery save of Remove indents.asd“).
The method above requires a few steps to open AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document, but with Kutools for Word, you can open the AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document easily and quickly.
1. Open the recovery location by clicking Kutools > More > Auto Recovery Location. See screenshot:
2. Now the Recovery location is opening. Please double click to open the AutoRecover folder that probably contains lost file, and then in the subfolder double click to open the the specified ASD file of lost word document. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.