How to open Auto Recover file location to recover the lost word document?
The feature of AutoRecover will automatically save your working document in every specified minute, if you have enabled this feature in your Word. How to quickly access the AutoRecover file location when you need to recover the lost document in Word? This tutorial will introduce two methods to open the AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
This method will guild you to find out the Auto Recover file location from Word Options, and then recover files with the Auto Recover file location easily in Word.
1. Click File > Options to open the Word Options dialog box.
2. In the opening Word Options dialog box, please click Save in left bar, copy the folder path from the Auto Recover file location box, and then close the Word Options. See screenshot:
3. Go ahead to click File > Open >Browse.
4. In the Open dialog box, please (1) press Ctrl + V keys together to paste the AutoRecover file location into the Address box, and press Enter key; (2) select All Files from the drop down list right to the File name box, and then (3) double click to open the specified folder that probably contains recovered file. See screenshot:
5. In the opening AutoRecover file folder, please select the specified ASD file of lost word document, and click the Open button. See screenshot:
(1) If the document is new and never been saved, the file name will be something like “AutoRecovery save of Document 1.asd";
(2) If the document was already manually saved, but you lost intervening work between saves, it will have the name of the saved document (e.g, “Autocovery save of Remove indents.asd“).
The method above requires a few steps to open AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document, but with Kutools for Word, you can open the AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document easily and quickly.
Kutools for Word - With more than 30 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Open the recovery location by clicking Kutools > More > Auto Recovery Location. See screenshot:
2. Now the Recovery location is opening. Please double click to open the AutoRecover folder that probably contains lost file, and then in the subfolder double click to open the the specified ASD file of lost word document. See screenshot:
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoThank you so much. Hours of work almost lost.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoBiUfxcvshybnjimlojvgtfsre4327698hhjjk
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks! You has save me three hours of work/life. :-*
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThank you, after reading other suggestions which didn't work and were difficult to follow, this one did the trick, it was easy to comprehend and apply. It allowed me to recover 2 hours of hard work!!!
- ← Previous
- Next →