To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoDo you mean there is no files under the AutoRecover folder? Actually, if you Word document is closed by accident without saving, you will get the recovery version in the Document Recovery pane, when you open the document next time.
How to open Auto Recover file location to recover the lost word document?
The feature of AutoRecover will automatically save your working document in every specified minute, if you have enabled this feature in your Word. How to quickly access the AutoRecover file location when you need to recover the lost document in Word? This tutorial will introduce two methods to open the AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
This method will guild you to find out the Auto Recover file location from Word Options, and then recover files with the Auto Recover file location easily in Word.
1. Click File > Options to open the Word Options dialog box.
2. In the opening Word Options dialog box, please click Save in left bar, copy the folder path from the Auto Recover file location box, and then close the Word Options. See screenshot:
3. Go ahead to click File > Open >Browse.
4. In the Open dialog box, please (1) press Ctrl + V keys together to paste the AutoRecover file location into the Address box, and press Enter key; (2) select All Files from the drop down list right to the File name box, and then (3) double click to open the specified folder that probably contains recovered file. See screenshot:
5. In the opening AutoRecover file folder, please select the specified ASD file of lost word document, and click the Open button. See screenshot:
(1) If the document is new and never been saved, the file name will be something like “AutoRecovery save of Document 1.asd";
(2) If the document was already manually saved, but you lost intervening work between saves, it will have the name of the saved document (e.g, “Autocovery save of Remove indents.asd“).
The method above requires a few steps to open AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document, but with Kutools for Word, you can open the AutoRecover file location to recover the lost word document easily and quickly.Kutools for Word is a handy add-in to ease your work and enhance your ability of processing word document. Free Trial for 45 days! Get It Now!
1. Open the recovery location by clicking Kutools > More > Auto Recovery Location. See screenshot:
2. Now the Recovery location is opening. Please double click to open the AutoRecover folder that probably contains lost file, and then in the subfolder double click to open the the specified ASD file of lost word document. See screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoI still cannot find auto recovery under save docs
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoThank you so much, You saved my working
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you so much. Hours of work almost lost.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoYou saved my life and my job, literally.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks! You has save me three hours of work/life. :-*
- ← Previous
- Next →