How to open user template location in word?
User template is designed to format a specific type of document and allow you start writing immediately. Therefore you can save much time and effort by using user template to create similar document. It is unfortunate the Microsoft does not make it easy to modify the template. The first step in modifying template is to open the template location to load one. This tutorial will show you two methods to open the user template location.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
There is no easy way to open template location. Normally, we open user template location manually.
Step 1: In Word 2010 and 2013, click File > Options > Advanced;
In Word 2007, click Office Button > Word Options > Advanced.
Step 2: Click File Locations to bring up the File Locations dialog. In the File Types list, choose User Templates. If the path for the templates is short enough, you may be able to see it in the dialog box right now. If so, you can skip steps 3 .
Step 3: Click the Modify button (even though you won't be modifying anything.). Word displays the Modify Location dialog. The Look In drop-down list, at the top of the dialog box, contains the current path name used for templates. Select the path and copy it.
Step 4: Click File > Open, then paste the user template file location in the address bar of Open dialog box and press Enter button to open the location. In the file type dropdown list, select All Files.
Actually there is a very easy and convenient way to open the user template location.You don't need to apply the tedious operation as above showing. After you have installed Kutools for Word, you can open user template location with just one click.
1. Please click Kutools > More > Open User Templates Locations. See screenshot：
2. Then the user templates location will be opened.
For more detailed information about Open User Template Folder of Kutools for Word, please visit: Open User Template Folder description.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...