How to show or hide spaces in Word?
Users can be sure of how many spaces are used between consecutive words by showing spaces.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Step 1: click Tools > click Options
Step 2: click View tab > check Spaces in Formatting marks group
Or you can press Show/hide button in Toolbar
The keyboard shortcut of Show/hide button: Ctrl+* or Shift+Ctrl+8
click Officeicon when using Word 2007, and then click Word Options;
click Filetab when using Word 2010 or Word 2013, and then click Options.
Step 2: click Display > check Spaces in Always show these formatting marks on the screen group to show spaces in documen
With Kutools for Word, users can quickly show or hide formatting marks such as spaces in document.
1. Please apply the utility by clicking Enterprise > Display Setting. See screenshot:
2. Check or uncheck the Spaces check box in the Display Setting dialog to show or hide the spaces. See screenshot:
You can see the result as shown as below:
For more information, please visit: quickly show or hide spaces in Word.
- Show or hide section breaks in Word
- Show or hide text boundaries in Word
- Show developer tab/ribbon in Word
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019