Excel UNICODE Function
The Excel UNICODE function returns the number based on the first character of the given text.
Text (Required): The character or text string you want to convert to corresponding number.
1. #VALUE! error occurs if:
- Text contains partial surrogates;
- Data types are invalid.
2. It returns the Unicode number value only for the first character of the text.
Supposing there is a list of Unicode characters you need to convert to numbers as the below screenshot shown, please do as follows to get it down with the UNICODE function.
Select a blank cell to output the result, copy the below formula into it and drag the Fill Handle to apply the formula to other cells.
Excel SUBSTITUTE function
The Excel SUBSTITUTE function replaces text or characters within a text string with another text or characters..
Excel TEXTJOIN Function
The Excel TEXTJOIN function joins multiple values from a row, column or a range of cells with specific delimiter.
Excel TRIM Function
The Excel TRIM function removes all extra spaces from text string and only keeps single spaces between words.
Excel UPPER Function
The Excel UPPER function converts all letters of a given text to uppercase.
Excel UNICHAR Function
The Excel UNICHAR function returns the Unicode character based on a given number value.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.